Thursday, August 10, 2017

"Buy Me a Big Ol' Jetplane" #Poetry

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me a big ol' jet plane
other teams just fly coach so let them wait in the rain
We'll taxi right past them and wave in disdain
So, Lord, won't you buy me a big ol' jet plane

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me one more flying machine
We need one for Tom Brady and one of the team
We must have that freedom to blow off some steam
So, Lord, won't you buy me that big Boeing Dream

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me that rich New York pad
I will be so much envied and my friends will be glad
even more if my mansion enjoys rent control
So, Lord, won't you buy me that rich New York pad

Oh, Lord, won't you buy a brand new kind of brain
After all those concussions, I'm going insane
I don't want to dribble at Christmas dinner each year
So, Lord, won't you buy me a brand new kind of brain

- Colonel Arbuthnot Jones brazenly paraphrasing Janis Joplin

CNN:  Patriots Become 1st NFL Franchise to Buy a Team Plane

No comments: