Saturday, January 14, 2017

Review of a Tribord Easybreath Snorkel Mask

Robb has a personable style and gives a review of the Tribord Easybreath Snorkel Mask.  If you're familiar with snorkeling, you may take a quick reaction to it but one of the great things about the mask is it's easy for beginners and takes much of the intimidation away regarding putting your head underwater.




Click this video through to YouTube if you like since that will take you to Robb's original and he presents a number of links to useful resources for the mask.  He's trying to make a few rubles with his YouTube account and we don't want to bork that.  He also says he makes a different review video about once a week so he would like you to subscribe to his channel:  Robb's Homemade Life.

Ed:  why did you steal it?

It's not stolen.  Embedding is authorized.  Something which is specifically unethical is copying all his notes from the original so I refer you to that one to check those out yourself and there's quite a bit in them.


I don't know if the Fairy Princess has tried snorkeling yet but she's still a little 'un.  I guess they need to be ten or twelve before snorkeling would be ok and you're confident enough in their swimming to let them have a go at it.  Robb recommends this mask for surface snorkelers and he said it will work for diving a few feet but not much more than that so it should be ok for kids.

There's plenty of time for diving since the main thing is getting the kid to lose the fear long enough to see some fish swimming around.  As Robb says, they turn into water rats quickly after that.

The first time I saw fish swimming all around me was magical and so much so I didn't really believe it at first.  Maybe it's a little like the first time you see snow flurries and those are magical at first until you realize what they must be.

The price for the mask doesn't seem that horrible at about $70 and it might be a great choice for snorkeling with kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surface snorkeling with a vest can be done as soon as the person is comfortable with the young one being in the water.
Most snorkel outfits allow children as young as 4
I recommend keeping young ones in open water when seas are calm to 2 ft.
The biggest advantage I see in this mask is that facial hair is not a deterrent to snorkeling.

Unknown said...

I remember the 'rents and what it must have been to take us to Bondi. I would have been flippin' terrified to try a stunt like that with six kids but somehow they always brought us all home.

Robb in the video makes a point about keeping hair out of the way but I was a bit deterred by the fact it makes breathing a little more difficult due to constriction of the intake. I know I wouldn't like it and I wonder how well a kid would accept it. From the pics, it seems they love them, tho.

No chance I would try to second-guess your experience on this since I'm the novice who would be warning the kid about putting a toe in the water because you will probably be eaten by a giant catfish.

Anonymous said...

This mask is not much different than todays scuba mask
I dont understand the hair issue as my daughters had butt length hair so braiding would be a simple solution.
Leakage caused by a moustache is usually solved by silcon grease but this mask eliminates the need

Unknown said...

I wasn't sure what he meant about hair either and it wouldn't be a problem for me since it's never been all that long. With regular snorkeling kit, there's just the headband so it sounds like your solution is the one with braided hair to prevent it from floating all over the place. Yevette has enjoyed snorkeling and SCUBA but she never mentioned troubles with her hair.

It sounds like you may have tried SCUBA and that will be a source of deep envy if you have. I hope you did as I can live with the envy (larfs).

Anonymous said...

Scuba is our next adventure. The mask is from classes

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have already done the training so, sure, I'm deeply envious but I can live with it. I almost pulled it off but they wouldn't let me do it because of blood pressure.

There's only one request ... well ... two requests ... the first is to enjoy it and the second is pictures, pictures, pictures!