Sunday, October 18, 2015

OS X El Capitan Checks Out Exceptionally - Time Machine Active Again

Prior to installing OS X El Capitan, Time Machine was shut off to secure my 'gold copy' of the solid original OS X Yosemite I had been running.  El Capitan was installed about midday and check out of major functions on the Rockhouse iMac has been smooth with no software failures.  Time Machine is now running again because there won't be any backout to OS X Yosemite from here.

The changes to Safari and Notes are immediately useful and the latter is being used to track working out using the Twitter API to fetch Tweets to a PHP application.  Safari with its new pinned tabs is a little weird after being accustomed to the way tabs behaved previously but it's outstandingly good in what it delivers.  The clutter of multiple tabs has been an ongoing nuisance and, for me, this nails it.

Upgrading was simple and required almost nothing of me to accomplish.  This is how it is supposed to go with Apple system upgrades and this was a plenty good one.  You may want to do some reading of your own because I do know some people have been having troubles but, as far as I could tell, those have been resolved.  The story here is for a late-2013 iMac on which the installation went as smoothly as I could ask.


Note:  the test with Final Cut Pro is what closed the evaluation.  When FCP is running without troubles, this is a production system for my needs.

No comments: