Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Father Was a NAZI Commandant (video)

Today Breitbart reports on at least one of Miley Cyrus' nipples flying about the crowd at VMA.  We had already assumed Miley Cyrus has nipples but thanks to the Breitbart for the confirmation as the world needs serious journalism like that.

Children are of interest but our focus is on those with something to say and this story is of a child, Monika, growing up from WWII and discovering her father was a death camp commander.  To this point she had no idea as she thought he commanded work labor teams and he was good with them.  He was my father, you know.  This is what my mother told me.  How should she know.

Be warned right from the top this is absolutely heartbreaking.  I believe it is my duty to endure this as what I feel in watching is such a nit next to what these immensely courageous women carry.

These are NOT NAZIs but rather they are their children and also the children of those who died there and how does one live with that.

Now she says, "If you can't change the past, maybe you can do something for the future."


The path from the discovery of what her father did to that actualization of the present must have been unimaginably difficult and she tells that story in the video.

This is NOT a story of the horrors of Nazism as we know them already.  What she tells us, more intimately than anyone else could, what it is to live with that as a personal heritage and legacy.

The reason there is a particular connection to this woman is her father is the camp commandant for the death camp featured in "Schindler's List" and going to that movie set is part of where she learned of what her father actually did.




She was born in 1945 so she had no possible way of knowing what happened in the war.  Her mother wasn't too maternal and would not tell her what happened.

"I wanted to know what happened to the Jews.  Nobody told me.  I did not know."

Note:  she got no help from her mother who didn't seem so different from her father in her regard for her daughter.



"I have to grow up.  I am no more a child.  I am not with my mother.  I am here.  And I have to obey." - Helena, a young girl working for Goeth in his villa with another girl, essentially as slaves.  Check out the courage of Helena's father when the SS took him away.


Monika and Helena meet each other and this is where the biggest heartbreak came for me as Monika carries shame she never even knew and Helena is overwhelmed by the Plaszow camp.  The impact doesn't come through historical pictures but rather from the blazing emotion of two women so catastrophically damaged by this but in opposite ways which nevertheless have exactly the same effect.  Both are left with a tremendous void in their lives which they did nothing to create.


More and more a focus on children comes to me as this is not just a hippie trippie hipvolution from saving whales but rather I see so many things and it becomes a mandate.  This one isn't so different from War Child and it would be swell if you could take a look at War Child as well.  All of these people are, by anyone's definition, victims and what makes it even more poignant is they are the most defenseless victims.  This isn't bleeding heart concern but rather self-defense on behalf of the human race.

No comments: