Thursday, September 10, 2015

"Careful With the Backwash from your Spiritual Turbine" - Silas the Beat (audio)

"Careful With the Backwash from your Spiritual Turbine" is on the Ride the Dragon podcast now and it's free.  Recorded live at Cat's Art MusikCircus tonight (Euro) / afternoon (Texas).

Lyrics to the song are in the article, "I'm Buying ... Just a Jetplane" and it's dedicated to Creflo Dollar whose only concern about the end of the world is that he has to have a cool enough suit ... and a really cool jetplane.

The style is highly un-Silas and I like that ... but whether you like it remains to be seen.  The vocal part is deliberately loose and the object is to get kind of beat with it but the beats loved Miles Davis.  I thought about it and, yes, Miles Davis would be able to say something good about it:  at least there wasn't any synth.

Miles Davis said, "All synthesizers are programmed white."

Mario Zecca was there for the set and he didn't have much time because he had to get off to do some work for some homeless people.  That needs no editorial.

Before I did the set, I told Mario in chat what I was going to try and said, man, this is going to be a horror.  Cat doesn't like that too much it's true.  Maybe it's juvenile but I like the risk.  The result is on the link and you can decide for yourself.

So Mario plays at the Circus and he's on the road beat as any modern guy is going to get.  Part of why I do the song is specifically from his own style in delivering the words and music as he will.  I said it over the mike and I meant it that out of respect for him I wanted to do well with it.

No comments: