Monday, September 7, 2015

Because Love Makes You Do Weird Shit

I’m a love you, love you, love you,

li’l ducky, ducky, ducky

because you make me so happy

I feel so plucky, plucky, plucky!

I’m a love you, love you, love you,

li’l ducky, ducky, ducky!


I went to school for this.  I studied poetry in English 101 and that's where a poem advised on the trauma of having pee stains on your underwear.  Coincidentally, this is the same time I decided it was not necessary to study poetry any longer.

I remember those pee stains forty-five years later.  You bastard!


Excerpt from "Marriage" by Gregory Corso

O but what about love? I forget love
not that I am incapable of love
it's just that I see love as odd as wearing shoes--
I never wanted to marry a girl who was like my mother
And Ingrid Bergman was always impossible
And there maybe a girl now but she's already married
And I don't like men and--
but there's got to be somebody!
Because what if I'm 60 years old and not married,
all alone in furnished room with pee stains on my underwear
and everybody else is married! All in the universe married but me!


Now if you're a Literature major, you can argue all night about why this wretch is so constrained by convention that he wears dirty underwear ... as for me, I don't wear underwear and I don't give a fuck.

It's beat, man.  Dig it, dig it, dig it ... unless it sucks like rat bait.

So he's trying to be relevantly irrelevant to what ... commercial laundry products?  Screw it.  I still don't give a fuck.

Besides, I know the answer.  I am sixty+.  I am not married.  I chucked the underwear a long time ago as who wears underwear with jeans anyway ... and then I chucked the jeans ... in France.  If you know people who wear underwear with jeans, don't fuckin' tell me as such people probably tuck in t-shirts and have other such habits which serve only to remind their bathroom habits are probably strained and regretful.


So,

all together now


I’m a love you, love you, love you,

li’l ducky, ducky, ducky!


I’m a love you, love you, love you,

li’l ducky, ducky, ducky!

No comments: