Thursday, January 24, 2013

Michi Renoir at Cat Boucher's Art MusikCircus - Report and a Video

Michi Renoir played an excellent synthesizer set last night at Cat Boucher's Art MusikCircus and he does great work but to not such a large crowd.  It was heard more than once the lament, not from Michi but rather the audience, of why do people so often take the easy way and just listen to acoustic covers of The Beatles from fifty years ago.  I understand that it's comfortable to be there but life is now!  No matter how hard you reach for it, the past isn't coming back and that's not a sad thing as what is happening now is pretty damn good!

While Michi plays solo synthesizer sets now, he is not without a dark rock past!  Where would any of us be without a dark rock past!  Here's a video that was recorded in, I think, 2001.  He no longer plays with the band and the break-up of a band is closest in emotion to a divorce, a very difficult thing.  He doesn't look at all like the hard rock headbanger but, so what, he's obviously having a whale of a good time.



Räumungsalarm in Austria


(Evacuation Alarm in Austria)





There's no particular editorial in this report other than to push yourself.  I sent an invitation to my friend, Wendy Swenson, and I'm happy to report she came on over to the MusikCircus to hear him and stayed for the whole show.  Try something different!


And all the while Cat and I danced:


I decided I would go with a Hipster Clown this evening as wearing an outfit like that will get an easy laugh every time.   Sooooo cool!  (laughs)  I got away with it as Cat wasn't wearing a clown outfit either!

Behind us is Wendy Swenson and a little bit beyond her is Janeel Kharg who definitely had the prize for the Cool Clown Outfit of the Evening as she got it from a Japanese designer and it came with animations that let her walk around on her hands and do all kinds of interesting things!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I do all kinds of interesting things. I'm as nostalgic as anyone about music of the past. I love it. But - I also love now. And of course, michi's music especially. Incidentally, I've just made a new clown outfit for my next visit. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Unknown said...

I'm really not all that nostalgic. It was a lot of fun living it but I'm MUCH more interested in living now than kicking back to look at things I did, things I heard, etc. To me, what is important from the past are the friends one has made. The rest will be in the movie! (laughs)

Sure, love to see your new outfit. The one last night was incredible!