Monday, January 21, 2013

And a Situation Report

Today I had to go into Pyrgos to get my medicine and I can cheerfully report that a month's supply is only 13.20 euros.  I decided I would also stop by to visit Georgia to find out if she was serious about taking the iPad in trade for the bill.  It turns out she was not but the conversation was all smiles.  I really didn't want to give up the iPad as that's the only means for video but the bill has to be paid so I asked.  She told me why it has to be cash but that doesn't need to be revealed here and she's fine with whatever rate it comes.

Plan D, C, or E or so is that Harry told me he would buy back the scooter from me if things did not work out.  It's clear that things are not working out (laughs).  This may seem like burning my hair to make a point but here's the logic:  the scooter is dangerous in a light rain and on German snow it would be suicide.  Given that snow in various parts of Germany covers the ground for several months of the year, the scooter would be close to useless.  Therefore I simply need someplace close to a bus line and I don't need the scooter.

The biggest problem isn't the scooter but rather the iMac as I can move the rest of the stuff myself because there isn't much of it but that thing is big, bulky and heavy.  The plan is that selling the scooter would generate enough euros to pay Georgia and leave a bit remaining that should be sufficient to get a bus to Germany.  Trying to carry the iMac and the guitar would be one very bad joke.

The compounding problems are the difficulty of getting a Greek drivers license and that means I have no insurance.  One option is to dump the scooter and move into Pyrgos but there is relatively little reason to do that after what I have learned of Germany, primary of which is that unemployment is extremely low.

If you think the scooter plan blows, contact me here or via the usual channels.  I think it makes sense and the reason I find Germany so compelling comes from multiple things you have seen in articles here.  I also feel an obligation to my own humanity to visit a concentration camp memorial.  I can't say I care too much about Greek ruins although I'm a little bit interested and would like to show you whatever I can.  However, I feel a very deep understanding of humanity coming out of Germany through Cat and I'm drawn to it.  Vielleicht ist diese meine Schicksal.  (Perhaps this is my destiny)

No comments: