Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And In the News ... NO, Not That News

Here are some questions from email on a roll:

Can Cat make me happy?

From the existential standpoint, there's the inane New Age answer that no-one can make anyone else happy.  Skipping past that, there is great love in how we talk and that makes me very happy.  We will likely never see each other but if you don't understand how there can be love in that situation then you have a little more learning to do.  In my view, it's the purest kind of love.


What happened to Sunny?

She's still in Second Life sometimes although we don't see much of one another.  The whizkid who made the Greek Mykonos sim folded it.  He's now built a Sydney sim but that will likely cave also unless he has developed at least the bare minimum of the skills required to run a venue.  I suspect that's not likely.  He wasn't very good at listening.


What happened to Mary?

I don't know.  We talked quite frequently and now we don't.  No idea why.  It's a shame as I had thought it was quite a good friendship.



What happened to the Mystery Lady?

She is doing much better.  I still won't say what happened as it's none of yer feckin' business!  There is much people could learn from the Mystery Lady and I will love her until I die.



What happened to Daisy?

Daisy is doing fine and she's got a lot of the Galactic Peace Tour dreck.  Maybe it would be viable to try hustling that stuff and split 50/50 whatever came out of it.  There were loads of t-shirts and, I'm pretty sure, the DVDs of the Cincinnati concert plus more, well, dreck (laughs).  It would be a hassle for her to ship the stuff so it might be more annoyance than value in doing this.  I will talk to her about it.

Daisy was the dancer in the Cincinnati show for "Woman in the Snow," along with The Raven.





Someone said I've been getting money from these women but maybe that someone should tell them as they don't seem to know they should!  (laughs)  I will just keep watching the mailbox for cash or checks ... at least I would if I had a mailbox (laughs some more).


What is the plan?

I guess I'm down to Plan E, F, or G and I talked yesterday to Harry about selling the iMac and I emailed him this morning about selling the scooter.  My dentist must be paid as she has done incredible work.  I did not understand the schedule and the someone mentioned above said that is an attempt to blame the dentist.  Apparently the 'I did not understand' part wasn't clear enough.  So, I failed to understand the schedule and that's what got me into so much trouble.  So Georgia must be paid and that campaign is ongoing.


What about high-speed Internet?

Harry told me there's a possibility for higher-speed at twenty euros a month for 6 - 7 Mb.  It's not clear whether that would be fast enough for audio streaming in Second Life but we shall see.  I want very much to play for Cat but I'm seeing a great deal more drama in SL than I had seen previously from other venue owners and I hear of a great deal more griefing so I'm not at all convinced playing there is viable for making any euros.  Nevertheless, even if play only at the MusikCircus, that would be very good as Cat has extremely sophisticated musical tastes.  I'm a bit intimidated by it as I'm well aware that I'm a much better writer than I am a musician but that's all part of the art of it.



What about Germany?

I have reviewed the ways to get there.  Bus and train are out due to expense.  A flight on Lufthansa is a hundred euros or less plus the cost of checked luggage.  That makes it impossible to take the iMac and that's fine as the laptop is more powerful, it just doesn't have the big screen.  It also doesn't have as many USB ports but that's just an inconvenience.  There won't be any data loss as everything of importance is on an external hard drive.

No comments: