Saturday, January 19, 2013

Joaquin Gustav at Cat Boucher's Art MusikCircus

Second Life wanted to do its best to ensure the weekend started on a romantic note so it did its best to destroy the show last night in yet another display of software that just does not work.  In my physical world, storms knocked out the power multiple times during the course of the evening but, surprisingly, that stopped during the show, only to return later in the night.  My mood is rather less than cheerful this morning but I don't have to be professional about it.  Joaquin Gustav was eminently professional about his set last night and kept trying to deliver it despite the most extraordinary difficulties we have seen yet.

There's no need to describe the detail of the difficulties last night but rather I can show you the alternate stage Cat uses for times when these difficulties arise:


Joaquin was so patient and was trying so hard and, as with previous times this has happened, Cat and I were trying everything possible to support the show to ensure it actually happened.  That did finally work and an audience even came to hear him play but it was brutal trying to get to that point.   Due to the problems, I didn't get to hear much of Joaquin's set but what I did hear was beautiful.  I had not heard him play "You've Got a Friend" before and that one really touched me.  As always he played in his wonderfully eloquent Latin style that gave a depth to the song that one will not often hear.

The song gives direction to this morning as I can focus on the bleakness of the circumstance here in Greece and remain in this dark mood or I can look to the light that shines out of Germany.  I choose Licht und Liebe (Light and Love).  Es ist die Licht von Wahrheit und das ist die Liebe!  (It is the Light of Truth and that is the Love!)

Licht und Liebe, meine Freunde!

No comments: