Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stop! Sheep Crossing!

Where I live is some distance from the city and I love that.  One of the big charms of Katakolo is that I frequently see shepherds driving their sheep down the road out to their pasture.  I've promised multiple times to get pictures and this time I did.  So, yah, this is a Greek travelogue bit.


On seeing sheep on the road ahead, it may seem a bit of a problem but, so long as you are mannerly, it's not difficult at all to drive around them.  The shepherd is accustomed to it and so are the sheep.



You will notice a ram on the right side of the picture and something I discovered is that he holds that position.  Typically people will pass to the left of the flock and he walks there as a defender, I suppose. Judging by the horns, offending him is probably a Bad Idea.


And, just to show I don't hate Facebook, here's a picture of cats!


The family waits for me to come back home!  This is just outside the front door to the house.

No comments: