Friday, January 11, 2013

"Euro Love" (poem)

Ich liebe dich
  mit alles mein Herz
and in this great love,
  where do I start.
Ich muss du
  diese Liebe erzählen
a song on the wind
  that takes us both sailing.

Auf segeln wir
  unter Mond und Sternenlicht
the stars guide our way
  and the Heavens admit
kein größer Liebe
  hat jemals bekannt
and we have found
  love that ever enchants.


I'm not convinced that doing this is such a good idea but it's somewhat reflective of the need in Europe to speak two? three? four? languages to really be able to talk to anyone.  This is not at all annoyance over that fact but rather admiration of their ability to do it and of frustration in myself as I'm impatient with myself in learning.

It's also in part based on Mozart's amusement that all operas had to be written in Italian.  Whether that incident really happened is anyone's guess but still he wrote in whatever language he chose and history can judge the result.

No comments: