Friday, October 6, 2017

When It Gets Delicious on the Trail of the #Blotto

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


The biggest deal in any day is trying to get some food into myself ... but ... that wasn't the situation today.  Doc's sensational idea about Amol India's Curry Chicken was in my hands at about nine a.m. this morning.  His shipping technique worked perfectly and Yevette had a plate of it in front of me within half an hour.  There was no chance I could eat so much but I made more headway with this than anything in quite a while.  Amol India's Curry Chicken has one scintillating difference in the taste, the taste.  I could also enjoy that tender chicken meat and eating anything like that just doesn't happen.  It was sensational and thanks again to Doc.

It's important since any failing with the food means it will also fail when I take my drugs and that leads to a realm of nastiness which serves no good purpose to describe.  I know the Curry Chicken is perfect since I liked it so much this morning I asked Yevette to do it again this evening and each came to the same result of no problems.

It only needs the fridge in between times now so this chow will stretch out for days.  This is one completely jammin' situation.


Nurse Debra and Chaplain Alan came out today from Hospice and they don't do any doctorin' so much as checkin' into the situation.  I was trying to assure Nurse Debra of my situation in telling her everything goes toward focusing on the goodness since there's only a whirlpool otherwise.  The saga of the #Blotto is another part of that since it demands a focus on goodness or why bother with it for you and for me.

Chaplain Alan mostly likes to talk about music and it's not exactly the perfect time when I've just shipped out the Galaxy Guitar but it's still cool to talk with him a little.  He's played almost exclusively acoustic for about as long as I've been playing electric and he knows I appreciate the sound of an acoustic guitar; it just wasn't my choice.

There are about eighty songs Chaplain Alan has not recorded since he doesn't have much engagement with computers.  That gives me something to say since I can tell him how he can use a computer to easily record his songs and do it in multiple tracks to ensure the final mix has the balance he likes.

That's the same way a jam works when you're playing as you hear your time to step up so you take it and then pass it along.  It becomes a different kind of jam when I hear Chaplain Alan's boggle and can step up for a minute to offer how to deal with it.  That doesn't make a boogie with the band but it's still satisfying that way.

Note:  don't ever say boogie to jazz musicians.  They will eat you ... now you have been warned.

Chaplain Alan's problem came about since he's not school-trained.  That means he knows the chords and the lyrics but that's about as far as his notation goes.  There are many, many musicians in this situation and I'm another one but I did get onto it with computers and that gives me a huge advantage.  That's the thing I hope to show him.  My interest has been for the purpose of composition but Chaplain Alan doesn't need that since the songs are already written so now he needs to get them down

Apple's Garageband has been my choice for that for years and I'm sure other programs perform in a way just like Garageband but that one is my long-time favorite.  Using that Chaplain Alan could record Track 1 as his foundation guitar track and Garageband gives a click track for a metronome while he does it.  After he gets Track 1 to a satisfactory point, he can record Track 2 for his vocal and he can monitor Track 1 at the same time since the input channel only goes to Track 2 and there is no consequent crossover between the two.  In that pure state, he can find the perfect balance between them and that becomes the final mix.

That may have sounded kind of thick but it's incredibly easy to do even after only a short time playing with it to discover how it works.  I'm sure Chaplain Alan will get it and so the jam continues.


Much love to you all.

No comments: