Saturday, October 14, 2017

Slippin' and Slidin' on the Trail of the #Blotto

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


Today was the Day of the Audio and that resulted in a circus since I wanted to be a hero and get the last steps completed before turning up the system.  I knew I wouldn't be able to get back up but I figured I could go under the desk and then crawl over to the sofa.

Zen Yogi:  ingenious, Silas

Well, not so much since that did get some key parts installed but then I tried standing and that's when I went down with a mighty crash.

Glory.

Zen Yogi:  simply ingenious and what body damage from this misadventure?

I wasn't sure but Yevette said there's a swell bruise and that was from whacking the waste basket on the way down.  I'm still really not sure how I got myself up since there's zero strength and that's a tad disturbing but the main deal was still to get the damn audio working.

Yevette took the next whack at it and she got it completed although it's not that loud so something isn't correct.  For now, I don't care since the silence is so grand from the defective monitor speaker.  It wasn't an ordinary ground loop since sometimes there was interference as if from a cellphone or some such.

Dunno if silence is golden but I'm sure diggin' it in the Rockhouse now and thank you to Yevette since she's not exactly in prime shape, particularly for crawling around under the desk.


The cycles in the parts which suck make goodness since the way they come means it's not the morphine or the ganja which causes them.  I know some parts of the day will suck ferociously but that's tolerable when I know that doesn't throw away perfectly good medicine when that will come hours after I've taken the prescribed doses.

The goodness doesn't necessarily come from the medicines and I've said already I don't like the effect of the morphine.  Ganja doesn't work the same way as it does in a different situation since it doesn't mean five toks to Nirvana.  However, it does enable the goodness or more likely it improves the ability to appreciate it.

I have no idea how long I will last like this but it doesn't matter much.  Every moment is Now and you already know the Zen of it.  Therefore, it's on me to find the goodness in that Now and, more often than not, I do.


There's one excellent goodness which comes since political matters look steadily more ludicrous and not worthy of much attention.  I know what's happening since I tour the Ridiculous News Loop periodically and that reaffirms the prime question ... are you fuckin' serious?

I've concluded I'm serious since I know I will do the thing I tell you I will do but the news noise isn't serious about anything.  The tour to review them doesn't take long and then I can get on to the things which really are worth finding and bring real goodness.  Sometimes that comes through some unusual animal but they show me the magnificent diversity in creatures on the planet and that brings especially wonderful goodness.

Zen Yogi:  but you never saw the meerkats at the Fort Worth Zoo

Nope, I never completed the Meerkat Pilgrimage.  My cop is I was hearing the chances of actually seeing them wasn't high since likely they would mostly stay underground.  That's still just a cop, tho, since maybe I would have got lucky.

Zen Yogi:  Dream Big?

Of course, Yogi, but it may not always come true and meerkats are quite small anyway.


Much love to you all.

No comments: