Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Were My Parents Here on the Trail of the #Blotto 10/11

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


When I awakened just now, I had the thought my parents had been here and so were my eldest sibs, Doc and Queen Bee.  They wanted to go out for dinner and my ol' Mother wanted that most of all.  I told her wasn't fit to be seen anywhere but my refusal broke her heart.  They had made this Pilgrimage but I rained all over it and most of all on her.

I fell back to sleep but later awakened again, deeply confused.  I had to stumble to the front to ask Yevette, "Were my parents here?"

I had to ask since I was feeling like the most miserable kind of sorry bastard for hurting my ol' Mother like that.


Zen Yogi:  what happened to the knowledge your parents haven't been on this plane of existence for years?

Sure, I know that now, Yogi, but right after awakening one is capable of believing anything ... so I asked Yevette.  She saw the situation right away and knew the best way to handle it so she said, "Sure, they were here earlier."

I immediately swung my head to look at her directly ... and that's when she started laughing.


I've been insisting on the importance of looking for the goodness during the course of obvious badness but there's the funny stuff as well and that's some prime material too.  This latest really takes the biscuit, tho.  I could write material all day long which tries and fails to be funny but this situation went right to it with zero input from me beyond being the Hapless Goofy Guy.  I'm quite happy to play that role when you get a larf out of it.


There was another situation with the audio systems in the Rockhouse and you may pull some amusement from that.  The iMac has never had the standard audio improvement for home computers with a couple of external speakers and maybe a woof for low-end beef.  Instead all primary audio has gone through the P.A. monitors driven from the mixer.  Those monitors have become extremely wonky what with making sounds of their own devising and generally being as annoying as hell.  That's not surprising after the hard duty those monitors have performed but it needed a solution because it's now too dangerous for me to get back to where the remaining monitor can be toggled on / off.

I found a good set of speakers for a reasonable price and that system was specifically designed to provide externals for home computers.  Bose is excellent but so is Klipsch and five trivia points to anyone who knows why they changed from their original name of Klipschorn which was widely-known and highly-regarded.

Yevette was right in the thick of it and she was saying, "Do it, do it," but I was choked on it being a selfish thing to do to which she just said, "So what if it's selfish?  Do it.  Do it."

Zen Yogi:  you just wanted her to say it's ok

Of course I did, Yogi, but it seemed to amuse her and of course that happens too.

Zen Yogi:  did you do it, do it or what?

Yep, I did it and the kit should arrive in about five days.  Thank you, Yevette.


Much love to you all.

No comments: