Monday, September 18, 2017

#Photographs for the Unusual 9/19


Ripon, England

A stag reaches for the branches of a tree

Photograph: Rex/Shutterstock




Photograph:  Unknown

Seraphin had a bit of a predilection for blowing flames and he could easily impress me since I had done it at times many years before but his flames were extraordinary.  I was thinking at first maybe this young lady could impress even Seraphin but I'm not quite sure after looking at the pic some more.  Seraphin blew some enormous flames as well.

In my way, I would use lighter fluid which I would blow over a Bic lighter for a most startling effect but the lighter fluid would get all over my chin and it would just do wonders for the skin tone.




Harrogate, UK

Giant vegetable grower Peter Neale from Newport with his award winning cabbage that weighed in at 25.4kg at the Harrogate Autumn Flower Show.

Photograph: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

There's no telling what got the esteemed Peter into his cabbage life but we have got to know where he got the shirt.





Tangshan, China

Dutch-style cabins at the Yue Tuo Island resort near Laoting

Photograph: Lintao Zhang/Getty Images

The repetition is startling but patterns of pastels soften it for this most unusual resort.




Sion, Switzerland

Franky Zapata of France performs on his flyboard at the International Breitling Sion airshow

Photograph: Christian Merz/EPA

At first it seems like being clever just for the stunt but the variable is how long will the fuel for the flyboard last before he has to pop the parachute.  If it's only, say, thirty seconds, it doesn't really seem like it would be worth it.

Many times extreme sports will strike me as playing with technology just because you can but this could be remarkable with enough fuel to surf the ski, at least in a sense.  I don't see any practical use for it but surfing about in that way for a good, long run seems like it could be dementedly cool.

No comments: