Monday, February 6, 2017

Lady Gaga Was Exceptional and the Super Bowl was Funny - Updated

It seemed like good news when I heard Fox News would broadcast the Super Bowl for free.  I didn't have any interest in seeing the game since after seeing one football game you have seen them all but I did want to see what Lady Gaga would do since she really is unpredictable.

It's true that Fox News broadcast the game for free but receiving the video required installation of FLASH and that evil software would do to my computer the same thing Hillary Clinton does to an election (i.e. poisons it with her weaknesses).  Since it was bad enough to see Clinton destroy the Democratic Party, FLASH did not get installed but there was one more hope.

Ed:  Bernie Sanders?

I don't think he was playing last night.


Fortunately, there is a television in the Rockhouse which Louis Leakey found in the Olduvai Gorge and it still works (sort of).  (WIKI:  Olduvai Gorge)

The television shows images in triploid because the color beams are hopelessly out of alignment and the audio was probably impressive back when they used it for hearing Morse Code signals to warn of Indian raids.  The purpose in telling you these things isn't to complain about a television that's in worse shape than America's democracy but rather to show reason why I'm not sure how Lady Gaga's set went last night even though it was highly cool to see it at all.

Here at the Rockhouse, Lady Gaga only had to record "Poker Face" to rule the world.


Pepsi Zero was too cheap to permit embedding of the video but here's a link to the entire performance on YouTube:  Lady Gaga's FULL Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Halftime Show | NFL

Lady Gaga shows what the Inauguration could have been like if liberals had been involved with it.

Update:  LadyGagaVEVO posted it now:




Instead, I have Alex Jones to show us what happens when twenty-four hour news gets so bad that we start broadcasting from Port-o-Lets.



His history is hopelessly ignorant and he grubs for money with YouTube click charges.


Here's "Poker Face" and Lady Gaga shows punks how to do it to earn their money.  Suck it, Jones.




Although I did not watch the Super Bowl, I knew the Patriots were drowning in the toilet after the first half and it looked like, well, it sucks to be them.  I didn't care all that much since five Super Bowl wins would mean people would start building statues for Tom Brady like he ever did anything more than throw a football around.

It looks now like they will build those statues and probably at Mount Rushmore after Brady brought the Patriots back to win the game for a fifth time.  That was all very nice, very nice and hopefully no-one from the Patriots this season went out to commit multiple murders after the game but maybe they got that out of their system with Hernandez.

Ed:  he's innocent!

Everyone on Death Row is innocent, mate; just ask them.


The Rockhouse really doesn't care about the game and the reason we got interested was after hearing of some rich bitch betting a million dollars on the Atlanta Falcons to win.  I had generally supported the Falcons because of The Other Guy Won Too Much Already Principle but then I heard about the bet and, oh yeah, I've been a Patriots fan all my life.

So, sorry to say, Diamond Jim lost his megabuck and and ain't that a Boohoo Moment, huh.

Ed:  Diamond Jim is an idiot.

Sure, you knew that ... but now all his friends know it too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her show was good but not epic.
Her aerial routine was boring. She should talk to Pink about lessons as Pink has been doing that in her shows for years.
Her regular stage shows have been excellent in the past but this left me less than inspired

PS How the Dirtyv Birds could blow a 25 point lead when all they needed to do was kick one field goal in an entire half dumbfounds me.
I did not have a dog in this fight but I get tired of dynasties in any sport.
Watch the Mercedes team dominate F1 this year again. That will make for some 16 weeks if boring racing

Unknown said...

I knew she might take a gig on the aerial act but she does get points for going off the top of the place. Even so, I'd definitely go with epic for the overall show and particularly when they only had about ten minutes to build it and go.

All over Atlanta the words are echoing, "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contenda!"

Anonymous said...

The coach lost that game Even with tje spectacular comeback The Psts should not have won. Very sad for Atlanta but impressed with Bradys 2nd half

Unknown said...

I imagine the Atlanta coach is on his way to a radar station in Greenland right about this time.

The NFL has the same problem as NASCAR in that it's too expensive for the really hard-core fans to attend. When I hear of tickets for thousands of dollars, I don't hear of anything for the people who like to drink their beer and will get DALLAS COWBOYS tattooed on their butts because they love their damn team.