Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Critique of Ride the Dragon From Last Night

Ride the Dragon

Straight-up helping of Bad Silas and this is whoop ass for the pure purpose of blowin' shit up.  There is one clam sequence which makes me groan but it's short and overall the continuity to the lead guitar feels pretty good to me.


Hey Baby

This one is one has a bit of schizosynclasticity as it's two songs stuck together, both of which happen to be the same song.  It might have been better to do it better one way or the other but I wanted both sides of it.  The song will almost certainly reappear in another show, whether in one form or the other or both ... we'll see.

This is Bad Silas followed by Surprisingly Good Silas.


Improv on a Squishy Thing

This was a looper exercise which has interested me less and less.  The other three left this one behind for me.  This is Good Silas.  I don't think we really like Good Silas that much although he does pretty stuff sometimes.


Swing Heil

First, the cop:  this was the third or fourth time I played it as I have no idea if I can do stuff like this because I never did before.  There's never been anything even resembling this one.

It surprised me how much it sounded jangly with a mouse and a chicken.  The Man's name won't be mentioned in the same context as there is a tremendous number of mistakes in it.  However, they don't deter me as it's a blazing way to play because you're hard onto an eight-count whereas practically everything in rock is hammering a four-beat.  Despite mistakes, playing in this way brought stuff out of the strings I didn't know was in them.

Of all the things of the night, this one is most exciting to me as it feels just a tiny bit it joins with those brave little bastards who really were the Swing Kids.  It comes back to them in the only language they respected.  Swing Heil!

This is a Silas we never heard before.


Link to the entire set:  Ride the Dragon stage test

No comments: