Monday, June 16, 2014

What It's Really Like

My friend said she couldn't wait until she would get off work and go home.  I said that third shift really sucks but she said she would just take a shower when she got home and then go to her other job.

I told her that I hoped she wouldn't have to do too many hours at the other job but she said she would work a full shift until afternoon, she does this every day / night.  When she gets home from the second job, she will clean up, cook dinner, etc.  I have six kids, she told me.

My first thought was that I hope you have some help and she said her husband does what he can.  He is a bricklayer trying to get his own business started but this is the really rough time when not so many jobs are coming yet and times are tough.  She works these two jobs to help him in her way.

I told her you are one tough lady and that gave her a big smile as she could see I meant it.


I really don't know who she is but she's a big girl who works in a drive-thru in a Burger King on third shift.  Big girls don't get much respect anyway and a big girl working a drive-thru is just furniture.  If you are nice to these girls, they will light right up.

No comments: