Saturday, June 21, 2014

Video from the Silas Show on Thursday (updated)

There was some panic about the video as I tried to load it from the camera but was told there was no video to load.  After a time it dawned that one must copy the recording from one place to another inside the camera before one can copy from someplace in the camera to someplace on the computer.  These types of steps are necessary because engineers hate us.

The closer was the "Death March Digression" and that's the part I've snipped out for the video.  The scene is highly-subterranean but I've done a bit of Final Cut on it to trick it out a little bit.  There's one segment that involves a prism and it occurs to me now that I might have been able to use keyframes to make it go in circles.  If that's the case then I'll have to render it all over again and it took two and a half hours for the final last night.

Assuming a final copy, the next thing is what to do with it.  Uploading it to YouTube means there is no chance anyone would ever buy a DVD ... but ... after getting a DVD someone would just upload it to YouTube anyway.  That's not being defeatist as that's just how it goes.  The hotshots make their dollars from advertising click charges via Google on YouTube but, unless you're getting thousands of them, that doesn't matter much.

As you've seen before, I'll upload it anyway but that won't go a millimeter toward solving an exceptionally-bad financial situation.  If you have an answer, spit it out as I don't have one.


This is not a tease as the idea of keyframes and a prism has me intrigued so I can't upload it right now anyway.  I have to find out if that works the way I think it might.  (I'll get into what keyframes do another time if you like but right now I'm going to play with some.)


Update:

Nope, it didn't work.  I'm still thinking there is some kind of devilment the video may yet need so I will screw around with it more.

No comments: