Wednesday, June 18, 2014

To Video ... or Not

There will be a show on Thursday and I'm thinking this might be the best time to shoot video of some guitar playing and whatnot.  That also shoots all to hell any considerations of the grand Zen of things as it would be yet another imperfect record of something that isn't supposed to be recorded.

My thinking is to set up a camera on a tripod and then leave it to record for the hour.  Maybe Yevette could come in to take it off the tripod and do something more interesting with it.  Doing it this way is the easiest for syncing the audio after the fact.  It's much easier to do it once for one very long video stream than multiple times for each song within it.  Sync it first and then chop it as you like.  Use the full-res audio captured from the stream software, match up the waveforms between that audio file and the one the camera captured, and then throw out the camera's audio track.  You're done.

It's a week until my procedure so I will be playing for this show and also for RacerX on Saturday but those will be the only ones.  I don't know what comes for playing on the 26th but I'll assume it's off until I know better.  Cat will know what's happening as she is connected with Yevette via Skype and I believe Lotho is as well.  This is not drama, this is systems programming.  With adequate preparation there should be no drama at all.  (That was always the irony of systems programming in that the perfect job was when no-one noticed you had done anything.  The bigger the job you could do without anyone seeing it the bigger your coolness as a systems programmer.)

As to video, it could be interesting as the objective would be to capture what the feets are doing with the foot pedals.  There must also be some dazzling finger work and then some crazy hat, all in the same frame.

Maybe this is a marketing opportunity for a DVD but, given the circumstance, who knows how much of that comes from sympathy sales so still I would learn nothing at all about what anyone actually thinks of the jams.  I understand this is psychotic thinking.

Or

If I make the video, I can get it to Yevette and I believe she has a DVD burner.  Maybe there's a mechanism we could establish that would let her sell them and mail them.  My general projection is that they will do radiation or chemo as what else will they pull out of my lung.  It's not the golden egg or the key to the city.  Therefore, I will probably be feeling less than entertaining at times and this would be something Yevette could do without bugging me all the time to ask if I want chicken soup.  She knows she would too!

I'm not sure what to tell them about radiation or chemo.  I never know what to tell them in the market when they ask about paper or plastic.  These are complications life didn't really need.  I'm not looking for advice as this is more whimsy than anything else.  My only thinking is, ok, I know it's going to suck ... get on with it.

It appears the answer is shoot some video so I'll try some experiments.

No comments: