Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recording of Silas Scarborough at Cat's Art MusikCircus

There's a lot of blather in the following article about reviewing where to upload it so now that's done and the Silas Show - 6-26-14 at Cat's Art MusikCircus is on the Ride the Dragon podcast.  Listening to it is free and most browsers should let you download it as well.

The show runs about an hour and twenty minutes but I don't use Las Vegas rules and there's a lot of space between tunes ... plus there are no showgirls with large breasts with sparkly stuff on them.  That's the bar down the street, mate.

The download for the show is just under 100 megabytes.  On a good connection, that's nothing much but be aware of the size for slower ones.

The first tune is entirely pre-recorded.  I played all the bits but it's not live and I used the track to verify the audio levels.  I needed to be sure of that before getting into something with the guitar and discovering the track behind it is too soft to handle it.

The types of tunes varies depending on which looper I was using or whether I was using a back track.  There's a mix of that and there's a mix of bass and synth as well.

The stuff in my sets will never be good enough for me so I'll skip any review.

No comments: