Saturday, October 7, 2017

Seraphin, My Duck Soup May Have Suddenly Become a Non-Problem

The problem all along has been a number of files which are resident on My Duck Soup since it's not possible to store them that way with Blogger.

But what exactly are these files.  That was part of the review this morning and it showed you don't need them.  All or most of them are related to the charities in the sidebar.  In eliminating the first three elements in the sidebar from Code Pink to my CDs, four of the offending files will no longer be needed.


While I have not yet deleted those elements, they should go since the charities I have favored may not be your choice.  Presenting the CDs for sale has been something of a comedy for me but that's only funny in my life.  In your life they would appear as an apparently authentic attempt to sell some product.

Note:  it would have been cool if they worked but they didn't and I kept them online after that because it amused me.

I see killing off those segments as important to the transition so there's nothing imposing on you unless it's important to Ithaka whereas these ones have been important to me and therefore don't make the cut.


The problem with the primary graphic on the blog for Searching for Ithaka has also been solved since that graphic is not loaded from My Duck Soup because Blogger stores that one internally.


In other words, this is the perfect situation for Big Systems Design since it becomes a Zero Spend Solution.

Zen Yogi:  do they really say that?

No idea, mate, since I haven't hung about with that lot in ten years or so.

The solution comes and it costs nothin' so that's a most agreeable situation.  It's outstanding for me since the last thing I want to leave anyone is an expense.


There's a whole pile of sentimental in My Duck Soup since it's been online since 1995 and there's all kinds of content accessible there with even the Orchid Conservatory remaining.  However, that sentimentality is mine and there's no reason you should pay the freight for that until some indefinite time in the future.  It will die some time after May but that just becomes the time and it's evolution in action.

There is one loss but it's of unknown value since My Duck Soup is the source of an unknown number of visitors to Ithaka because they use it for easy routing here.  I wouldn't keep My Duck Soup for the sole purpose of keeping that, tho.


My next move is to delete the top segments of the sidebar and to proceed as if My Duck Soup is already toasted.  It ran for about twenty-two years so that's not too shabby.  Onward, mate, since I do believe this is going to work and for zero dollars.

It's the purpose to find immortality for Ithaka, not me or My Duck Soup.  The new approach seems properly in-sync with Life, the Universe, and Everything.


UPDATE:  I've deleted all the sidebar elements with graphic elements and the dependency on My Duck Soup is definitely eliminated.  Yahoo.

No comments: