Saturday, October 7, 2017

"Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't" | Anthrax | Live

The Rockhouse has never paid much attention to Anthrax or any of the multiple similar bands.  Sometimes they're dismissed as scream rock but I don't know much about Anthrax since I have not ever previously listened to them.

Here goes ...





Well, there's no question of their technical skills since there's no chance baby chipmunks can perform at that speed and get away with it.  As to what they're performing, your guess is as good as mine since vocals delivered at that speed are unintelligible to me.

I've heard snippets from bands of this era but, to my ear, all of them sound about the same and the lead singer for Anthrax reminded me quite a bit of Ronnie James Dio who sang like that all his life.

Sorry, mates, as I've got to show a thumbs down on Anthrax even when I can see from the crowd at the show they generate tremendous excitement in quite a few people and probably at least a few of you all.

And what point in dressing the band in the most hideous word they could imagine?

Zen Yogi:  it made them a bundle of money?

I suspect their music had a whole lot more to do with it than did the band's name but the name sure didn't alienate them.

Zen Yogi:  caution that may end up in a Dr Phil psychological whirlpool regarding the ubiquitous anger in the fans

Nah, we don't want that, Yogi.


I didn't find I really hate the band but I definitely don't care for their sound.

No comments: