Sunday, October 8, 2017

Seraphin, Here's the Info Page to Complete Turning Me into You

Seraphin, this is the information page at Hosting Check which defines who I am, most particularly with the email address.  By substituting your information with mine, that should pull a software sleight of hand to make you the Lord and Master.


The payment method isn't particularly sensitive and I've used PayPal to keep credit cards out of it.  For now that will work fine since there's nothing due until May.  There's another selection for pay by credit card but then I would have to specify yours and that's ugly.


There's no need for much depth on this part just now but taking over My Duck Soup means you will need a good FTP utility since you can't tangle with the site any other way.  The one I use is Transmit and that has been my far-and-away favorite for many years as in more than ten and quite possibly more than twenty.

The purpose of FTP is to take a file from your system and transmit it to a remote system such as the My Duck Soup site.  If there's anything wrong with the file when it gets there, you correct the error in your file and repeat.  The site also supports executable code such as anything written in perl and those files are uploaded in the same way.  If there's a bug, you need to find it, fix it on your copy of the file, and then upload it to the Soup.

There's no active need to do any of that but should you develop a mind to do it, the above will give an idea of it but there's much more.


As to the next move, please send me the information for you which corresponds to the blacked-out parts and, as before, maybe in a text message or a message in Facebook.  I'll then have a go at it with your information and hopefully that will get it done.

No comments: