Saturday, September 16, 2017

What Happened to Ed: ??

You will find comments from Ed: all over the place in Ithaka but he has mostly evaporated and inquiring minds probably don't need to know why.

Zen Yogi:  but you will them anyway?

It's got to happen, Yogi.


Ed was a sometime speaker for Lotho but really he wasn't.  Playing Ed: that way had the potential for coolness but it also had the potential for putting undesirable words in his mouth and there is zero coolness when it goes that way.  There is no potential for that with Zen Yogi since you already know Yogi is a cartoon bear.

Zen Yogi:  all I am to you is a cartoon bear, Silas, even after all this time?

We have had this talk already, Yogi.


Implying in any way that Ed: represented Lotho was deeply disrespectful so there's no way to bring Ed: back which has any chance of doing anything else since that identification was already established and it's clearly faulty.

Zen Yogi:  you're writing him out of Ithaka?

No chance, Yogi, since he's all through it.  As with Cadillac Man's influence, so it is with using goddamn infrequently as in only when my giznoids are frosted into icebergs from the anger at something do I consider it valid.  That's a relatively trivial thing taken by itself but not so much when it's deeply offensive to some subset of people.

The sensitivity toward Christian sensibilities in that way is in a large part motivated by Lotho.  I can say with some pride actually that you won't find anything on Ithaka which denies the existence of God.  That's not a sop to conformity in me since my belief in a God does not much to conform to any Scriptures and, while repellent to some, and there's material in it worthy to me to express.  Throwing off goddamn here and there is only barking to look at me and I have great enthusiasm for profanity in general but it's stupid to offend simply for the sake of offending since what other outcome should one expect beyond rejection.

Zen Yogi:  fuckin' A, Bubba!

You're getting so Texas already, Yogi.


Pink is another who contributes more to Ithaka than he may realize and Yevette was a bit irked about my secrecy with these confusing names but it's my purpose to be confusing to protect their real identities.  People may not make the connection even when they truly know the man and that's exactly what I want.  In the background it's funny but I still won't blow his cover for a laff.

There's the converse to the story since I've used Kannafoot as a willing reference for something of a point / counterpoint dialog but Facebook is determined to undermine the protection of anonymity and I won't give away his identity any more more quickly than I will do it with Pink but that secret is blown the moment you follow his commentary back to Facebook.

Kannafoot has not contributed a whole lot in an obvious way although dialogs with him were met with good reception but the bigger aspect of that is always be aware of the counterpoint and that generally speaking is all over Ithaka.  As with Cadillac Man, he brings knowledge of history which has a good likelihood of being deeper than mine and holding that awareness is important.  In other words, they're here but not typically in obvious ways.

There's a similar situation with CowboyHatGirl and she is relatively recent but has brought a lovely presence.  There are pictures posted of her but they are from over thirty years ago so I seriously doubt anyone who doesn't already know her will make the connection.

Watson is another who pops up from time to time and he's my idea of the man Sherlock Holmes considered a sidekick but I see him as an astute fellow with sophisticated knowledge.

There are multiple other so-called personalities but the ones I've used most frequently are right here.


Zen Yogi works perfectly for me since he can say anything I like without the chance he speaks for anyone else and that gives me tremendous freedom which I think works well.

I love you, Yogi.

Zen Yogi:  STFU, Silas


If you get the side message that nothing percolates in the #Blotto waiting to sucker punch you later then you have definitely got the beam.

No comments: