Saturday, September 16, 2017

One More Pic of the CowboyHatGirl only Without the Hat


Photographer:  what do you know, I did this one


How much cuteness can you possibly handle in one pic since I'm about full up from this one.

There's an American expression of cuter'n a bug's ear and I love it even if I have no idea what it means.  I think Tennessee Ernie Ford came up with it.


My tendency is to critique the lighting or anything negative about my own work but I'll shelve that since I probably never snapped a better pic of Grandpa Love so I will take a little bow for the composition.

The way she holds his hands which were gigantic was so trusting and wonderfully full of innocence that it instantly melts this old coot.

Zen Yogi:  so you're an old coot?

The evidence does seem clear, Yogi.  My body aged but my mind didn't and it runs around a bit wondering WTF happened but still there's surprising coolness in it.


CowboyHatGirl sent this one to me this evening and I haven't been holding out on my esteemed audience; I just don't have that many pics.  Hopefully they were recovered in the scrapbooks I left in Cincinnati the last time.  There's no editorial on that time since regret is almost always a waste of time and it's even more so at my own stage of life.

There's no need to get into Deep Thoughts with this since we only need to feel the love.

Zen Yogi:  and she's incredibly cute

There's no point in denying it, mate.  She's advanced in life to the point at which cute probably isn't such a compliment but she wore it so well here.  I got lucky with this one.

Zen Yogi:  because you threw out the ones which sucked?

Ruthlessly and by the bucketload, my furry friend.  My logic was always if I shoot ten and one didn't suck then I win and I'm happy to chuck the others.  That's not so easy with music since it's impossible to resist becoming emotionally engaged with any song I write and that's not so simple in determining which ones should go to the bit bucket in the sky.


That li'l blondie girl grew up to be a biker and ain't that a kick.  It's such a temptation to say it's a bad idea but I would be a blazing hypocrite to do it.  She is well aware of the worst of my crack-ups since she wound up with my leather jacket after it had been stitched back together again.  Don't be too concerned about your modesty, mates, since the emergency crew from the ambulance will cut your clothes off you in the street if necessary.

It is fair to note Biker Law that everyone in a cage is out to kill you.  I broke that Law for just a moment but it was nearly enough to get me snuffed on the spot.  She knows the pleasure of wind in the face and she's getting that wind on those curvy mountain roads in Colorado.  So long as she upholds the Biker Law, she could be enjoying those rides for a long time to come.

Zen Yogi:  you might as well spit out the actual Biker Law

Here goes:  the First and Only Biker Law:  don't let the motherfuckers kill you.

I broke it and only nearly did so the Silas advice is be cool and ride long.

No comments: