Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Really Blew the Salsa in the Midwest

The regulars have the wedding scene, yes?  The Raven will join the soon-Mrs Raven in a glorious moment of connubial splendiferousness.

We would love to hang about and get all metaphysical with that aspect but we're thinking, here in the Midwest, about the reception to follow.  That's when Old Fuckers in ridiculous clothes get up to do ridiculous dances and people shoot video hoping one will slip and get blasted on the floor.  That's some funny shit on YouTube, right?

The wedding could have been my Salsa Moment, mates.  I've worked and I've trained for such a Salsa Moment and they only happen at wedding receptions when Old Fuckers do them.  I'm packing, man, since I've got my steps for salsa, merengue, and, oh, God, how I love the foxtrot.  Suddenly I'm Fred Astaire, man (larfs).

Note:  the foxtrot can be surprisingly elegant if you're willin'.

If you think you can really salsa, go on down to Puerto Rico ... you can't salsa.  If you try to spin as they will, you'll fall down and be eaten by a grue.


Most of the regulars have never seen Ballroom Silas and may not have ever seen the Silas dance anywhere.  I've got my second-hand Mr X tux from "Dr No" and ... I'm tellin' you ... it would have been funny.  Visualize, my droogies ... it could have been hilarious.  That wasn't my purpose but juniors would likely have seen it that way.


This isn't to diddle about as we really can't get up there but it dawned on me just now of the Salsa Moment.  Wedding receptions are why such dances exist, so Old Fuckers can make total damn fools of ourselves with them ... but we're old and we don't fuckin' care.

I'm sorry as it would have been fun to make a fool of myself like that up there.  I'm not going to get bluez on you but sure it's a lament.


Otherwise the Midwest is quiet and Yevette gets a good long sleep.  No chance I'm interrupting a moment her body is fixing itself so it's all good.

Mystery Lady has spoken unapologetically about prayer but there really isn't a reason to be unapologetic since you won't get hooted for it.  I don't know what a prayer does but your thought gets it directly that the first rule of medicine is do no harm and there's no chance a prayer will harm anything.


The thought came to me on the Salsa Moment and that just begged for an update.

No comments: