Saturday, April 29, 2017

Throwing Personal Shots in Comments (Midwest)

If anyone else were doing it, the Comment would never see the light of day.  Therefore, I've been cringing before looking at Comments for quite a long time now since I know there will frequently be a shot at me rather than the material.

I don't know why and, after all this time, it doesn't really matter but the author of that crap seriously needs to pull his shit together and find some positivity somewhere.  If you don't see it here it's because you don't choose to look since I'm not going to post cute pics of ducks and squirrels in every fucking thing I write.  However, I do find people with an antenna attached to the skull and I submit it will take a whole lot of otter videos to top that.  (Ithaka:  When You Use Amazon's Style Assistant, You Deserve to Be Hacked)

When there's a complaint about something I've written being boring, whose problem is that ... mine for writing it which I didn't find boring or you for reading it when apparently you do.  I know there will be a lot of scrolling with Ithaka and it's extremely unlikely anyone will read everything but the general purpose behind that is something will be of interest.

Is the expectation I will change what I write?

What's your inner vibe; what's your motivation; what does that tree really feel inside.

Groot: I am Groot


I tell you what, Groot.  That really isn't telling me much.

You know what, Groot.  If you're feeling pain, you have two choices: suffer or walk away so what's your best move.

Groot:  I am Groot

Of course you are, Groot.


I seriously do consciously avoid firing personal shots.  Lotho was clear he is not a Republican so, ok, you are in my sights now, all Republicans.  I can shoot at will since who cares who they are.

In fact, I've not heard any of you identify with a political party and that sure doesn't say much for the major players.  Up until relatively recently, people didn't have trouble that way and the situation was largely binary but it's not at all that way anymore.

The only Democrats left are Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard so, ok, bring out the Gatling Gun for the rest of that lot.

As far as I can tell with neocons or neolibs, they're always someone else since no-one identifies with being one (i.e. fire at them at will).


I'll fire shots at celebrities indiscriminately since they wanted the lights so enjoy the ride.  No-one promises any roses and Ann Coulter should have stayed in New York where she was spawned.  If you like her, well, sorry about your love life but she is going to take deserved fire.

Chelsea Clinton is my current favorite since that one really nauseates me.  (Ithaka:  Crafting Chelsea Clinton, One Fake Award at a Time)

Coulter is just an irritating, self-absorbed nuisance but those Clintons are dangerous and you have seen the damage that family has done already in throwing the Democratic Party straight into the jaws of Goldman Sachs where Obama wallows now for $400K a pop.  Democrats weren't identified as sluts before but they sure as hell are now.

Democrats were people like Howard Metzenbaum.  Now he was class.  Teddy Kennedy was no class at all but he was staunchly a Democrat and a real one.


The non-stop vibe at Ithaka is all as one we can fix anything.  It's never changed and people don't believe ... even when really they do since it's too, too obvious.

That's exactly the way it has gone with Yevette and her trials, internally in the support you don't see and externally in terms of the positivity on a realistic basis regarding getting through this which you see on Ithaka should you choose to read it.  If not, you'll never know, will you.

It will suck out your guts and leave them drying in the Sun to hear what she takes and she gets it all; there's not any kind of horrible symptom which has not come down hard on her.  Radiation comes so hard but it's a relief at the same time because eventually it stops the bleeding.

Note:  I know at least one of you has been through this previously in your own lives and hat tip to y'all.  You found out already there's no way anyone can know this ground without walking it.


I've had some hard shit land in my life where I was fucked-up beyond description but that was nothing compared to what she takes.  Comparing pain is pointless and impossible; I just know it hurts the fuck out of her.

It has been an extreme test of the positivity and there's some pleasure to report in passing since the fifth week went down today and the last one may not be so tough on her since they disconnected the chemo today.  She's one week from graduation and it's worn each of us heavily in different ways but logic and all reasonable evidence show a win from it.

There's never been a more personal example of Dream Big.  They're not just bullshit words and I live them now maybe more than I ever did.

Note:  there's been heavy opposition too since how much more could it suck than when Tactical's truck was ripped off.  It has since been recovered and it's known what happened but sometimes this liberalism is a bitch since no-one trusts the state to fix the perp to teach him what's what.  If he goes to jail, which he would, he would come out worse so what's the move since the perp can't keep pulling this shit.  Unknown how that will resolve but Tactical now has his truck again.

Note:  my bet is the perp won't go down but he needs to learn some manners extremely damn fast.


"Give up your dreams, you die" - Flashdance

What is your Dream, Groot?

Groot:  I am Groot


It's not the worst thing which can happen if your big dreams came true since that only means you have time for more.

Groot:  I am Groot

The current Dream is to put Ithaka over a million for hits and, admittedly, that's not much of a Dream and it doesn't mean One Damn Thing to do it but it still counts as a personal accomplishment and I'm on it.

Wanna see my scars?

Groot:  I am Groot

I am reasonably sure that meant NOOO.

Groot:  I am Groot

A peach of a dream is Croatia and I never had that one before but Croatia has been visiting.  The regulars know I sometimes can't even tell my own brothers apart so I really don't know who Croatia may be.  If I'm too defensive about saying I'm not tracking anything then it will only raise suspicion ... yep, he's tracking something.  (Ithaka:  Welcome to Croatia)

For example, the NSA said they will stop intercepting certain types of email in America but who can imagine why they think anyone will believe them.

Note:  that confirmed the original contention from Edward Snowden that the NSA does this which was originally denied.

Doc knows I can't tell readers apart so he often adds his name to be sure.


Croatia sounds interesting and it's 15th in the world for tourism.  I believe Cat said it's relatively inexpensive but the basis for comparison wasn't clear.  She's not a wealthy woman so that's probably real life inexpensive.

You know the best eats are always somewhere else because, whoa, what is this; I never ate anything like this before.

Icelander:  it's a shark fin and we buried it in the ground for a while it to ripen it before we served it to you.

Yum, yum, and thank goodness I love roly poly fish heads.

Note:  eating sharks sucks.  Sharks are your friends ... except when they're eating you.  Predators keep the other tribes around them healthy by eating the weak ones.  It's only predators from the Dallas Safari Club who take the best ones.

Croatia:  so don't go to Iceland.  Come here instead.

It sounds cool to me, Croatia.  That sounds like an excellent dream since Germany is not so far North.  This could be all kinds of cool.




So, ducks, what's your dream now, Tall Daddy?

Perhaps females are not your persuasion but they are mine and these comely lassies look highly persuasive to me.

Ed:  you fall in love with a picture!

Take it easy, Bucko, since we're not "Turning Japanese," we're thinking about tourism and I'm not rolling that damn song either.

So what's your thinking when we have the lovely, dark, and mysterious secret agent on the left; the lovely and happy-looking financial wizard in the center; the lovely and slender wind surfer on the right?

Ed:  how do you know she's a financial wizard?

She paid for the tickets

Ed:  how do you know that?

I made it up but now it's true.

No comments: