Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Backfire in the Midwest

There's one fundamental Rule for the Caregiver:  Do Not Screw Up the Patient's Sleep ... but ... I get ahead of myself.

I have it down for being the hotshot Caregiver since the nice hot bath was running and that was timed for waking her at 7:30 a.m. ... which I did ... and was then informed the appointment is not until 10:00 a.m. today.

Strike One.


It gets better.  Somewhat earlier, I had been talking with Cat and that came to Haindling, a Bavarian oom-pah band.

Of course I was using headphones to prevent any sound escape so I listened to them but there was a tiny problem.  I had neglected to turn off the main speakers so Yevette was listening to them too ... or she would have been if they had awakened her but, amazingly, they didn't.  For me, a bird only has to land outside and I'll wake.  Where the fuck is Godzilla?  I can hear him pounding around?

Strike Two.

Note:  there was no way to know of the sound leak since the headphones are noise-canceling anyway and the speakers were giving out the same noise so they have no chance.


I won't be going for a Strike Three since I don't want to know what happens from that but I will write up an article about Haindling since you may think you know oom-pah but you don't ... not really.


One thing definite is the first day of the last step is done.  This part is the worst and the Caregivers are here ... except for one incompetent clod who is carrying two Strikes for the day already but is otherwise present.  Unlike baseball, a Strike can be overridden by an Ooh Wow but, as in all things, it only takes one Strike to wipe out a pile of Ooh Wows.


Since an otherwise perfectly-good bath would have gone to waste, that must have meant it was for me but it's a complex process.  To get into that killer bathtub, I invoke the First Rule of Wing Walking:  never let go of one thing until you have a hold on something else.

Maybe you laugh at the geezer and do enjoy the yucks but the curve on the bottom of that bathtub will take you down too if you're not careful.  It hasn't killed anyone ... yet.

Ed:  that's the cool thing about antiques; they're dangerous

Yah but at least it's not some plastic piece of crap with water jets and LED lights.  That sort of thing is cool in a hot tub outside where you probably want whizzy stuff like that but I just want a bath; I didn't get in it to fookin' jazzercise or some such.

Plus sometimes it's useful for washing Toby the Dog and Yevette likes to do that if it's too cold outside.  Just watch the Lady of the House go apeshit about Toby's nails if you try that in her plastic Jacuzzi, huh?  (larfs)


The Silas is down for two strikes but there's an opportunity for redemption in an hour.  Meanwhile I shall continue doing whatever it is I do.

No comments: