Sunday, April 30, 2017

"Foxy Lady" Live HD | Jeff Beck Band & Billy Gibbons & Tal Wilkenfield

These musicians are consummate professionals and there's no grandstanding.




Jeff Beck has emerged as the leader not only of this band but of liveness in general since he constantly tries new things.

Tal Wilkenfield is a young lady but she has been playing with Beck for years now although she ain't that old so it couldn't have been terribly long.  It's unusual that she gets so little attention really since we see often there are videos from Tina S and other of the studio kids who have immense talents but don't do any live sets.

Tal Wilkenfield knows the road and she jams with the best.  For all the hard-driving musicians in the world, she has emerged as one of the greats and she does it so young.  Immense respect.

Check her out when she's banging out the rhythm with Beck in the background.  She is one rockin' lady.

How about a Rockhouse Hare-Brained Theory that Uncle Jeff has been teaching her the road and don't you fuck with that smack, young lady.  She seems like she keeps it immaculate that way and all the more respect to her.

She's also not going on about check out my woman thang; she just does it.  This what a woman thang does; deal with it.  She's a one-woman powerhouse.



Billy Gibbons goes all the way back to "Tush" and ZZ Top hooked many people with that song.




Rock was always about looking for some tush.  Don't lie to me, Choir Boy, you know it's true.

I've been bad, I'm been good
From Dallas, Texas, Hollywood
I said, Lord take me downtown
I'm just looking for some tush

- ZZ Top

2 comments:

Laughing Gecko said...

Love these vids! Am I seeing this right, are all three guitar players not using picks? Amazing. Brings back memories of seeing ZZ Top back in Cinti. around '74-'75. They'd just released Tres Hombres (original bad hombres) and really kicked ass. I remember getting there early with an oversized fatigue jacket loaded with 6 ice cold Heinekens in the pockets and making my way right up to the stage. In all my years this concert was the loudest, probably because I was right in front of the speakers, and my ears rang for hours after. But they were great and brought down the roof. Hard to believe over 40 years ago. Good times!

Unknown said...

It's been surprising me how many really classy rock guitarists are often finger picking and Hendrix did it too. I had been highly limited on that thinking and believed Mark Knopfler was one of the few but now I see it's been much more widespread than that. I still don't feel any inclination to do it but I respect those who can and do it so well.