Thursday, October 8, 2015

My Friend, the Conservative, Runs for President

As to what is parody ... everything.  This does not parody my conservative friend and he has already seen there is nothing facetious in what I say.

There was conversation and I concluded from that, "Geez, he's going to run for President also."

That thought held for a moment and then I thought, hmm, what if he did.

You know.  His position is sound.  I may disagree with some aspects but he doesn't spit absurd sound bites.  I do believe he would be a formidable opponent.

Kannafoot has been my friend, albeit conservative, for a good many years and I have found these things:

- He knows the material.  He knows American history, he knows the accomplishments and failures of different Presidents, and he knows the fundamental principles of the Grand Old Party.

- He is able to debate without confrontation and that ability to communicate without combat is noticeably absent elsewhere.

- He is clear on areas where there is no chance of agreement with right and left wings.  Typically these are moral issues such as abortion, etc.

- He has a sincere and abiding commitment to his religion and I have a deep respect for that commitment.  He knows theology and Biblical history as well or better than anyone I've ever known.

These things differentiate him substantially from the general run of the modern GOP and which has suggested to me the class of Goldwater Republicans, all of whom exemplify the characteristics listed above.

Comments from conservatives here show me generally the same thing, that you are not from the class of 'denatured' Republicans which seem to dominate the GOP these days but rather you're more of the Goldwater class which, in my view, represents Republican purity.


Kannafoot describes himself as a 'moderate' Republican and I know this much:  given a candidate from the Democratic Party who I regarded as incompetent or duplicitous, I would seriously consider a vote for Kannafoot rather than the Democrat.

One of the primary bases for that selection is the ability to talk openly and without limit regarding solutions on a global scale without disappearing into fantasy vapors of that which can be accomplished and that which is impossible.


Note:  sometimes the articles which appear the most credible are written that way deliberately as the point of them is the appearance of credibility is no assurance of anything.  This one is not as discussions with Kannafoot have helped make it clear where the GOP threw a rod and has made it abundantly clear it wasn't because of conservatives like him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Kannafoot
Cool done deal
Kannafoot will you please amass a 400 million in campaign funds and run