Friday, October 16, 2015

Might Be Making Music Too Hard

The design specification for "The End of the World in Fort Worth" is the video for the salvation from the end of the world song has to be shot in lasers and smoke.  For reasons I don't want to detail, that may be too difficult to accomplish just now.

Therefore ...

(drum roll)

shut up and play ... without lasers and smoke.


That is the final conclusion and this isn't to weasel with that but the design spec for the video can't change and it's not acceptable to me to add visual effects after the fact.  The filming must be real ... or it ain't fuckin' real.

That aspect must be completed as designed because otherwise it forces me to go back to change the introduction.  For most videos, changing the introduction is not much but, for "The End of the World in Fort Worth," it's a large deal.

That's looking somewhat impossible at the moment ... but that's what will make it a good trick when it works.


Whatever comes in playing without lights will be recorded and so what if I practice it too much.  The song and the message won't be harmed by that, not for what I'm trying to do with it.

Interest in other music is not much because the only music I really want to hear is my own developing toward the best it can be.  Anything else confounds that with confusing vibrations.  The deepest philosophy in me is the only way to get any good is to keep playing so ... I shall.

(Ed:  are you any good?)

That's the carrot you want.  It's not the carrot you get.  Practice, practice, practice.


Meanwhile I shall watch, oh joy, more dinosaurs in "Jurassic World" as that 1968 bit set off all kinds of emotions and whatnot so watching dinosaurs eating people may balance things nicely.

No comments: