Tuesday, October 6, 2015

If You Can Be Man Enough to Be an Asshole ...

Then you can be man enough to go on across the street and say 'thank you' to some guys who turned cool.  There was been relative quiet across the street since the last shoutfest and I thought it important to show my appreciation.


I see the young dudes sitting on the porch across the street and this requires The Move.

I walk to the street toward them and, as I start across, call out, Hallo.

They look but no answer.  I keep walking.

There are two guys on the porch and it becomes clear they are young,  Hispanic, and covered in tattoos.  They are Donald Trump's worst nightmare.  As I walk, they continue to regard me but don't say anything.

I call out, man, I just wanted to say thank you.

I want tell him straight up I have no racial attitude and I don't but he doesn't know that.

I keep walking as, hey, I'm not that fast.  They still don't say anything but one guy shakes hands with the other and he moves to roll out.  I have no idea if I'm in trouble but turning back won't do it.

He starts walking toward me and right away I know there's no confrontation.

He's all smiles ... and tattoos ... and he starts reaching out his hand so we can shake even before he has stopped moving.  He says 'man' back to me without needing to say anything.

Everything is peaches from that.

He says, we're good people and I tell him, man, I know this.  I can tell in talking to you.

He really even said I made his day.  I told him it was the same for me as it's all smiles after that.  It's true, it did make my day.

We shook hands multiple times maybe because I told him I didn't get a good grip the first time, I shake hands better than that.  Then we would talk some more, shake hands again, it was all very cool.

He said, we're neighbors, man.  It's all good.

And it is.

No comments: