Thursday, September 3, 2015

Follow-up to Confirm Un-Shot Status

This gunfire business is commonplace for far too many people.  Yevette estimated it was two blocks away and that sounds about right.  A round from a handgun would probably drop too fast to make much of a risk from a stray one but it's still closer than I want in my life.  Euros don't get it as this doesn't happen over there or so rarely as to be insignificant.

The country is a shooting gallery and it's not some commercial on TV, it's two blocks from here.  It's all very well for politicians and the NRA to give speeches but you would need an armored vehicle to get anywhere near any of them.  Out here we're fodder and this is bullshit.

People go yak, yak, yak about their rights but I've got a fucking right not to get shot and I'm sure not going out looking for it so bringing it here is bullshit.

People living out in the country go what's the big deal and for them it's not.  Usually out in the country you're a responsible gun owner or you're a dead gun owner.  An irresponsible gun owner out there is free to do any dumb ass thing he wants and they can usually find a way to shoot themselves.

It's different in the city as any asshat can get a gun at retail with no waiting time and for cash on the street any old time.  The result of all these armed lunatics is some asshole down the street starts shooting because he doesn't like what's on TV.  Who knows what makes someone that crazy.  I don't want to know.

My rights, my rights.  What about everybody else's rights.  The irony of it is ultimately this will wind up in serious regulation of weapons which will constrain responsible gun owners and all because the NRA has been churning up every fruitcake from here to the Cuckoo's Nest to go out to get a gun.

You saw it with the shooter in South Carolina.  His skull was completely full of headworms and yet he legally obtained multiple weapons.  They say there's a background check but what the hell could they possibly check that such a lunatic should pass it.

This Second Amendment abuse is one of the most ludicrous farces in-play but it's far from the only one.

Wearing a mask of gentility in the face of such relentless violence is, to my taste, the height of fucking vulgarity.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

out here in the country we understand what a gun is used for and how to use them Even how to store them so kids cant use them. As a recent test showed that even if you change the locatio. of the weapon they could still found them quickly when asked So weapon locks are a necessity.
Most states use the background check as waiting period by making that take several days as another study showed suicide is reduced in state with waiting periods.
As to how someone gets so mad as to pull the trigger your entire family has,such anger issues but since they most of them dont own guns they throw coke bottles or break things instead of shooting each other

Unknown said...

I'd be a fool to deny it but you'll see that rarely in me. I may sound angry but I rarely raise my voice. What stopped me was when I realized how scary I can be.

Even in my worst rage ever, I cannot imagine I would have used a gun on someone else. It's easily conceivable I would have used one on myself and that apart from general philosophy is the biggest reason for not having one.

Texas has no waiting period. Suicide stats here relative to elsewhere could be interesting for that. Getting into it usually means people start arguing about assault weapons and I don't even really care about them. Anyone can see the problem is an outrageous number of handguns floating about. I never hear anyone doing anything about them, tho.

The inadequacy of the background check, I believe, is a fair shot. If you don't want crazy people with guns, maybe best not to sell them any. There's no background check on private sales, etc. Extremely fishy business all 'round.

Anonymous said...

Private sales exclusion is why gun shows can sell guns. But the answer to that is a pre approval form to go with any private sale.
Your dude in the white house hasnt made any deals to achieve any real gun control just talk . Since most Americans want it he should make the deals to get it done sell some of his Pharma power that keeps drug prices so high
And I disagree that if a gun was handy instead of a coke bottle it would not be used. When the anger rises to that degree intelligence goes out the window