Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Yosemite 10.10.3 is Dead / Long Live Yosemite 10.10.4

Yosemite 10.10.3 has received more attention on this blog than my deep, gnawing hunger for carnal knowledge of Cat in an extended exercise of debauchery and heedless hedonism somewhere in northern Spain, maybe Metavenero , far away from the clamor and revolting feeding behavior of political antibodies and machines which make bad smells.

Yosemite 10.10.3 is dead and Yosemite 10.10.4 lives.

(Ed:  so what?)

For Apple people, there's a piece of tick software on the net which throws up an alert message such as 'Error detected in your metaframmis.  Click OK for additional information.'  The message isn't the actual content but they do follow that general approach and clicking OK will only make it worse.  The only way out is to Force Quit Safari.  I think Option-Click to launch Safari will prevent tabs from re-opening and that's important otherwise the nuisance alert message will start all over again.

The problem is created by a malicious programmer through abuse of Javascript.  Yosemite 10.10.4 has a fix for the problem by closing the exposure to it so you may cringe a little less each time you hit a Web site with a MacKeeper ad on it.  (MacKeeper is still worthless crap but at least getting surprised by an ad shouldn't break your browser anymore)


Yosemite 10.10.4 also brings a new icon for iTunes along with Apple Play.  Yahoo (cough).

There may be some interest in Apple Play later but right now it smells.  That tap dance with Taylor Swift was everything I hate about music insofar as every single thing is about money.  I very much believe someone would try to sell her sweat if they could find a way to collect it into a bottle.  I hope you do find that concept disgusting as it's my view of the entire industry.  Music, on the surface, turned into one of the blackened, nightmare whore beasts in the windows in Amsterdam.


I don't make music because it's important if I do it but rather because it's not.  No-one is expecting anything and it doesn't make an ant farm's worth of difference to world if I do it or I don't.  This music is still what I set out to do and an audience has always been secondary to that.  The same thing is true with almost everyone I hear on any kind of a regular basis.  For all of them, it's cool that you're here but I was going to do this anyway.  That isn't the attitude as you appreciate people are there ... but I was still going to play anyway, it's what I do.  An audience just adds some pressure I didn't really need (larfs).

This approach is the Zen of it and that makes it almost impossible to understand someone who does anything else.  So, for now, I'm not interested in trying that and will look at Apple Play some other time.


No comments: