Friday, November 15, 2013

Synthesizer is Working - Updated

The synth is a Korg TR Workstation with a six-octave keyboard and it is now connected and working with the speakers.  It shouldn't take long to get the bass working as well.  It's an inexpensive Ibanez four-string bass the but the sound and the action are good.  There's also a Boss DR-880 drum machine and the trick with that is to get it synced via MIDI so it takes its time sync from a Boss RC50 looper.  The setup on the stuff should be completed by today or at least by tomorrow.

All that's remaining after that is to find the luggage as that contains my guitar, the Boss GT100 guitar effects, and the Boss RC50 looper.  The Boss devices are intelligent, meaning they have memories so it wouldn't simply be a matter of getting them replaced if the airline lost them.  I'll know by this evening where all that stuff stands.

Update:  one key on the synth does not sound.  Not sure how to get that fixed but it has to be a mechanical problem or none of them would work.  It's in the second octave so it's tough to dodge it.  Hmm.

It's just about time for some music.

Jen-koo-yeh, Belly Buster
I love you all just the same.
You treated me like your family
and you didn't even know my name.

You all came from Poland
and the junkie said Poles suck
but finding you in Scotland
was the finest kind of luck.

This is a pretty worthless poem
but it has what I want to say
Seeing you all at lunch time
was the best part of the day.

Jen-koo-yeh, Belly Buster
I love you all just the same.
You treated me like your family
and you didn't even know my name.


(Jen-koo-yeh is Polish for thank you)

No comments: