Sunday, November 24, 2013

Galaxy Guitar is Wounded

The neck on the Galaxy Guitar has a bow in it.  This is not as bad as when I went to Greece but the action on the strings (i.e. distance between them and the fingerboard) is definitely too high.

I don't understand how this could have happened as I did follow the rules.  There is absolutely no question in my mind that the strings were so loose that you could play jump rope with them when the guitar was in the hold of the aircraft.  The neck should not have bowed and yet it did.  Perhaps it was because of the extended cold in the flat.  I wasn't exaggerating, it was very cold in there.

The guitar is playable but it's awkward and the bow affects pitch.  If you're listening for it then you'll probably notice but not otherwise.

Right now I'm quite a bit disappointed but I will play it some more tomorrow to decide whether to gig with it.  She can go to the guitar doctor in a couple of weeks and will probably be there for a week.  It won't do any more harm to play her in the mean time so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: