Thursday, November 21, 2013

How to Get to Munich

Cat and I have talked pretty much since I met her about a German jam and not one that does the same old thing in which people sit around playing cover songs on acoustic guitars (i.e. campfire music).  It would be premature to talk about any logistical matters we have reviewed as there's plenty of time for that (e.g. where to do it, how to get electric, how to get Internet, etc) but it's not premature to talk about the content.

Cat's Art MusikCircus has always pushed away from mainstream music and that's what makes it such a cool place to visit and such a cool venue to play a gig.  She won't tell people what to play, what to wear, etc, etc.  The same applies to a Second Life German jam and that's why it would be wildly important to me to get there.

Obviously I want to meet Cat and this would be an outrageously cool way to do it.  I've already said how much I would love to jam with Michi Renoir and this would be the opportunity as he lives in Austria, not far away at all.  With any luck at all, lefty Unplugged would be able to get there from Manchester, perhaps via my, um, beloved easyJet.  These are only two of the MusikCircus performers and maybe it's even possible for all to get there.

What I know for sure is that round-trip via Expedia for the Spring would be about $1200.  Saving that up in six months may not be realistic but at least it defines what is required.  So don't be surprised to see more German writing here on the blog as that only stopped when I couldn't get to the Internet to look up definitions.

No comments: