Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Got That Guiltar Guilt and Lost Me Woman Blues

This isn't a feeling sorry for yourself bit as it's my fault the Galaxy Guitar is sick.  I don't really know what did it but no question it's my fault.  Whining about how sorry you are doesn't mean a whole lot if you've already mistreated her and she's getting on the train for Philadelphia.  Losing your guitar is pretty much the same as losing your woman except guitars don't have cats.

At worst she will need a new neck but I don't believe that's true as there is no sign of a warp (i.e. twisting from side to side) and the neck is being pulled loose rather than actual bowing (i.e. curving from top to bottom).  I don't believe a new neck is necessary, the current one just needs to be seated properly and securely.

There's also a long-standing problem with the bridge and that's why I was going to take her to the guitar doctor in the first place.  That was my fault too as I kicked the twang bar in the dark and the bridge really hated that.  Even so, I doubt that is an expensive repair either.

So I'll take the guitar over there this afternoon or tomorrow, depending on when Yevette is free to give me a ride.  I will leave the guitar with him no matter what.  There's no question of it getting fixed, the question is when.  The Unidentified Benefactor lit a fire under doing it now so this will happen.

You can hear the pitch shift from the neck being out of whack.  I was trying to tell myself that it would be ok but it's not true.  Cat has got an exceptional tuning in her ears and going off-pitch would drive her agitated very quickly.  That is definitely Not how the First Gig Back is supposed to go.  I have to cancel for this week but will be going again very quickly after the Galaxy Guitar is back as I will use the intervening time getting other electronics dialled up.

I'm figuring at worst it will be two weeks to get her fixed.  That picture buried me.  I couldn't see it well enough at the base of the neck without the close-up from the camera and then I was horrified.  You callous bastard, how could you let this happen.

No comments: