Thursday, November 28, 2013

And Now It's Thanksgiving

I'm dead broke and don't even have a pair of blue jeans left but I'm thankful for a lot of things.

I'm thankful I have such good friends that they will bail out the Galaxy Guitar from the Guitar Doctor when she is feeling better.

I'm thankful I still have the Galaxy Guitar even if she is a little sick just now.

I'm thankful I have a hot Hamster girlfriend who is smart, can dance, dance, dance and really loves music.

I'm thankful that there are no junkies around who will come through the door at random times and threaten to throw me out to the Scotland homeless shelter.

In fact, I'm thankful there are no junkies of any kind about.  I don't like junkies.

I'm thankful that my brother and my sister were so cool as to rescue me from Scotland and fly me the hell out of there.

I'm thankful I have a little something to send each of them when I can get the shipping together.

I'm thankful that Yevette put me up in a place to stay and play in the U.S. and it's even warm here.

I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with the U.S. dollar exchange rate anymore as that took $850 and turned it into £500 which might have been good if the pound were worth more but it isn't.

I'm thankful that no-one cares if I leave the house on Black Friday.

I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to do the most insane thing I ever did in riding across Europe and I never would have made it, would never have had the faintest chance, without my family and friends.  No government or benefits or any kind of bat crap like that had anything to do with it.

I'm thankful that good people like to come to visit to read the ridiculous stuff I write.

Thank you all and I hope it's a day of most excellent outstandingness for you today with great chow and your football team of choice wins.

No comments: