Saturday, November 16, 2013

The End of the Dogs ... or Not

Tomorrow will bring the last episode of "What Would Dogs Do" and perhaps you know what will come but we'll see.  In any case, the ending leaves it open for a sequel.  Every story has a sequel, the only question is whether it's an interesting sequel.

Presenting a story in the blog has been novel for me as usually there is not such strong continuity between one article and the next and definitely not for so long.  I really don't have an answer for whether I will do it again but thanks for bearing with me while I tried it.

In parallel with this is the start up of the musical stuff.  All the instruments are here now and there was a little breakage in a computer interface but the device seems like it can be used even if it's kind of bent.  I knew the device was vulnerable as it had long narrow buttons that came up from its controls and those never travel well.

There was lots of synthesizer playing last night and that felt pretty damn good, even with the one dead key.  It would be much better if the deader were up in a high octave where I wouldn't try to use it much but, nooooo, that's not what happened.  I don't think it will be expensive to get it fixed so that will come on payday ... but sure as hell I will play it in-between.

Also up and running now are the looper and a small echo box.  The latter is just a random piece of hardware but it's interesting what comes when you hook it to a synthesizer using an arpeggiator.


Meanwhile there are lots of shots coming in from the Smack Troll.  I just delete them as they're quite stupid and barely qualify as English.  So he's highly pissed.  Ain't a bitch.  Maybe he shouldn't have lied about what he did with my scooter.  Stupid junkie thinks he's so damn clever.

No comments: