Thursday, November 14, 2013

On the Ground in Fort Worth Texas

After getting rolling forty-two hours or so ago, I have made it to Fort Worth.  There were a couple of problems with that:  my luggage did not make it and neither did Yevette.  When I inquired of the airline about my luggage, including the Galaxy Guitar, they asked when was the last time I saw it.  I thought to myself that it would be more to the point if they told me when they last saw it.  I said I had seen it in Amsterdam when I checked it in to fly.  So, when did you all last see it.

No need to drag this into a long story.  That stuff will come in on another flight tomorrow evening.  They didn't say where the stuff is now.  So, you'll deliver it when it arrives, right?  Nope.

Ah well, it's still cool.  I'm sure the guitar is good, so long as they can find it, as the strings were so far detuned that I might as well replace them than try to tune it back up again.  No chance the strings froze and broke anything.  I saw the external air temperature was more than eighty below zero at forty thousand feet.  Brrr...

Yevette was all set the the airline fooled her by bringing the plane into DFW forty-five minutes early.  DFW fooled her too as usually when you land it takes half an hour or more to find someplace to park.  That has always puzzled me as I wonder...did you not know the plane was coming.  There was some waiting but it was still good after a whole lot of hours in the air.

Massive thanks to Lotho and Queen Bee for the rescue.  When things started moving yesterday everything went fast, fast, fast and even wound up on a flight that Queen Bee had said had almost no chance but she said try it anyway.  That's what got me to Minneapolis.  Zoom!

I won't be able to play tomorrow night as it will take some sorting to get things going.  One thing's for sure: it will be loud.  No more headphones.

NOTE:  I cannot Skype or Facebook, etc as I am not using my computer.  No-one knows the WiFi password and a quick look didn't reveal a long enough Internet cable.  After almost zero sleep in the last few days so this will keep until tomorrow.  I'm way, way past exhausted.

WOW .... landed in Texas.  Amazing!

No comments: