Friday, September 15, 2017

You Have Got to Meet the CowboyHatGirl w/pics


Photographer:  unknown but must be family



Photographer: must have been the same person


So I did get it right about the pink ski togs but I never forgot the cowboy hat since she wore it so cool and who ever thought kids ski so young would enjoy skiing.  Maybe that's how it goes in Europe but this was in Ohio ... which is just about flat ... from one side to the other.

That didn't prevent the ingenuity of the family which built Perfect North Ski Slopes and which became the center of just about every family gathering which came after since my ol' Dad loved the place and everything is better with more kids.  Since we were all kids to him, that always meant he got the family unification he had wanted in so many ways and this one kind of caught him by surprise ... but he reveled in it almost until the day he died.

He was the standing model for live every moment while you have them since he never stopped until life stopped him and, thankfully, that came short and fast when it took him.  My ol' Mother was the tough one but she loved the spirit in him which just never stopped.  My ol' Dad's spirit is one which deserves being called indomitable but I also remember my ol' Mother saying in an interview I recorded with her not long before she died that one of the reasons she loved him was he would do anything for her.

Note:  I still have high-res audio copies of that interview and there was no despairing in it since she was indomitable too.

Zen Yogi:  your Dad was tough but soft inside?

Soft like a gooey candy filling ... but that's part of the inspiration too.


Thanks so much to CowboyHatGirl for the pics and I apologize that I probably won't be able to shake off the CowboyHatGirl name in my head but I know she would have hated BabySkier or PinkSkier or some such so it looks like the name sticks.

No comments: