Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Birthday to Silas from the Temple of the Purple Frog

A birthday greeting has come in for Silas who also, coincidentally enough, is me and it came from the Temple of the Purple Frog.


Perhaps the regulars recall the expedition in much younger days in which my team discovered the lost ruins of the Temple of the Purple Frog in South America.  We made the injudicious decision to enter the dark and mystical site and there we found the Purple Frog, still alive or as alive as it ever gets in this realm of existence.

Even from outside the Temple, there was a preternatural attraction to it after being lost so long in the jungle mists and the heavy overgrowth.  The most unnerving aspect to it was no sound came from anywhere around the Temple except for a low droning which seemed to emanate from within its depths.


Now I hear that droning again and that started when I opened the card which, I believe, had been enchanted by the sorcerers of the Temple.  There has been little said about the earlier expedition except here on Ithaka due to the tragic way it ended in which only I survived and even that would never have happened if not for the guidance from the Purple Frog.

My life disintegrated when the Purple Frog was transubstantianated into another kozmik dimension.  Now I realize the Frog had actually been seized by the sorcerers and now they torment me with its capture to draw me back to rescue the Purple Frog once again.

And it will work.


But meanwhile on October 30, there was Diwali, the Festival of Lights and goodness over evil.



It's a festival of color and life.



So we take it on home.



Replete with the joy of the lights and the colors, I shall sally forth once again for the rescue from the Temple of the Purple Frog.  Even when, just as before, there is little chance of success, the Purple Frog is calling and I must answer.


But then she said ...

I think I have lost a contact lens.  Do you think you could help me find it?


- Anna Azarova, fantastically sexy beautiful Russian actress.

Note:  google 'beautiful russian actresses' and prepare to be boggled.

Uh, not you, Gladstone.  You're supposed to be working, you damn slacker.


Ed:  you still have that hunger to learn Communism?

Take a look.  It burns inside me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! ML

Unknown said...

Thank you and Happy Day to you as well!

Since it's my birthday, that must mean it's time for a bath, right? (larfs)

Anonymous said...

Well..her's a little tidbit of infor for your little friend!

http://www.wow.com/article/r2ahjs/57f3d586e4b0d0e1a9a9e710

Unknown said...

Great picture but the article is sexy like Brussels sprouts with a strawberry topping. Yum, yum.

There's one easy answer for underwear ... throw that stuff away. Ha!