Friday, March 25, 2016

The Saga of the Great Adventure

As the Official Hunter/Gatherer, it was on me to acquire more milk and other wholesome goodness so off I went on my hunting/gathering task.

People are a bit shocked to see me so I sez to the girl at the checkout, "See, I was saving a busload of baby orphans from the escaping bank robbers, you know."

She gives me the 'sure you were' look but she's smiling so ...

I sez, "Yeah, you know, they wanted to give me a medal but what good are medals.  I just wanted to see those kids are ok!"

She updates her look to 'this is complete bullshit but I like it' and we're laughing.

Life is good even when it sucks and comedy even comes in the midst of suckage if you let it.  The countdown continues until removal of the primary bandages and that happens in about three hours, twenty-six minutes and twenty-eight seconds ... more or less.

(Ed:  no jumping the gun, hear!)

Nah, no risk of that.  I'm much more afraid of infection than I am of getting messed-up by anything else.


Sometimes you hear people say RL is just like online but what I learn from that is I seriously don't want to see the RL for anyone who believes that.  I might have seen one today as young hottie with her stud muffin in tow never stopped tapping on her cellphone unless it was to peer into her smartphone which she also kept handy for quick access.  I would have asked her if she remembers when young people actually did things rather than watching life on a four-inch screen but then I thought she probably doesn't.


That's one way to deal with RL (i.e. avoid it altogether) but I much prefer making stuff up.  So there I was, a busload of helpless baby orphans in front of me and escaping bank robbers approaching.  Of course I responded, any man would, and ...

No comments: