Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pain is Bad but Opiate Narcotics are Death

Contrary to what anyone may think, I don't take any pain med stronger than aspirin and that will be administered at 1000 mg to nail the problem once rather than dance with it at lower levels.  You cannot take this dose over an extended period or use it commonly but I have found it's the only way to knock out a headache and do it for real.  That doesn't change because of the current circumstance.

There is no suspension of the advisory against opiates for pain relief for the sake of personal convenience.  The position stands and will remain.  And you still cain't knock me down!  (larfs)

I may wind up sore and I often do but I won't end up a junkie.  Will not happen.


People on FB got kind of shocked with the latest crackup but, for me, this one was kind of nothin'.  It's been one surprisingly hurty bitch but the regulars have seen when I've been really, really smashed and this one isn't even in the game for that.


Will totter back to the couch shortly.  For some reason the chair is difficult and my whole arm takes the bite from this.  That's ok as I go back to "Freefall" and it's a surprisingly low-tech sci-fi story which isn't going all too well for humankind with not much left of the book.  It's looking kind of good for the Snouts but we shall see how this resolves.  No review as yet except it's a surprising twist to see Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle rejecting extreme science.

No comments: