Sunday, October 8, 2017

Seraphin, My Duck Soup Can Work Both Ways

After I dismissed My Duck Soup as a load of sentiment from the past, Seraphin was not pleased since he has his own sentiment for the Soup.  Dismissing it on the basis of sentimentality is just not good enough and he said so.  Of course he has the right to speak on the matter since soon he will be King.

Today's discovery changes everything, Seraphin.  We know now for sure that Ithaka is not dependent on My Duck Soup.  So long as that dependence was live, keeping My Duck Soup was mandatory which forced keeping it alive.  However, without the dependency any effort toward saving My Duck Soup becomes a choice rather than a mandate.


That new perspective of choice rather than mandate completely changes the ethical situation for me since it's not acceptable to force something on Seraphin but there's no problem doing whatever is needed to enable his power to choose.  There's no need for the detail on how that works since the functions performed by My Duck Soup are so far in the background.

Zen Yogi:  let's see, Blogger engages My Duck Soup during initialization as it prepares to display the current page.  That engagement is when Blogger loads from Ithaka the graphic files which are needed every time the page is displayed.  When those graphic files are no longer necessary, supporting My Duck Soup becomes a choice.

Ah, so you already know how it works, Yogi.


Here's where it goes to working two ways since we already know the first way works in solving the problem to remove the dependency.  Making that change took place about twelve hours back.  There's been no problem during that that time so the change definitely works.  The functions performed are not so sophisticated that it would take more than twelve hours for a problem to manifest itself so this problem is closed.

The second way it can work is if I continue with My Duck Soup to change the specifications about me so they specify Seraphin instead.  Assuming that works, Seraphin will only need the login password and then it's done.  He can choose to pay the rent or not as he wishes and this is perfect since he will have his wish to keep My Duck Soup alive if he likes.  It also kills the dependency which is the ideal for me.


Seraphin, since I don't know all the contact information needed by the account page, I will get a copy of that page to present it here on Ithaka.  Then you can send me the information needed by the form via txt message or perhaps as an IM on Facebook.  I can then plug that information into the form to make the account owner look like you.  That's where a problem may come since I won't look like the owner anymore after that so I won't be able to fix a problem.  The probability is unknown but my guess is there will be no need for a problem clock since the probability is low.

That's the plan for the next twenty-four and hopefully that will resolve the other side of the situation with My Duck Soup.  When you can login and it confers full admin powers on you, there's the win for choice.

No comments: