Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dada Da Doobie Doo Dah

If it's not pop from Taylor Swift or some minimally-discernable derivative, it must be art, right?

(Marcel Duchamp:  I am glad you are not an architect, monsieur)

Why is that?

(Marcel Duchamp:  your buildings would fall down.  Your arithmetic is terrible.  If your music is not pop crap then it may be some other kind of crap even if you pretentiously call it dada.)

Well, Arrogant Frenchie Guy, your arithmetic sucks too.

(Marcel Duchamp:  how so, monsieur?)

You assume if something is dada then it is necessarily not crap and, well, ...

(Marcel Duchamp:  touche)


So I reserve the right to make complete crap and call it dada.


The more I think of "Andromeda Weeps" it gets more toward camp and I'm diggin' the Ed Wood aspect of a missile silo built in a backyard ... and spray-painted (larfs).

If it's not dada to try to make a nuclear missile silo funny then probably nothing is really dada.


The love story between Jason and Andromeda must be real, tho.  I do insist on that.  If it's not real then the music has to change.  The chord changes allow some really pretty guitar lines and I don't want to throw those away.  If the video is all comedy then it becomes like a sitcom on TV and I won't do it.

Whether it's real-life love between Jason and Andromeda depends on the expertise of the people playing them because it has to be convincing in the video.


(Ed:  are you trying to shanghai Lotho into this?)

Well, not exactly ... I'm kind of hoping the Knoxville Unit will do it (larfs).

The Knoxville Unit is The Raven and whomever else he can shanghai.  He did find a cameraman who doesn't want to be a star so it's started.  He would be using the cam I send up there so that's cool.


Unknown if this really can work but it sure is trying to get to its feet and that's highly cool to see.  I'm emboldened by the last one because it affirms to me I can make the music in good sync with the video so they tell a story together.  Having done that, the answer is always the same:  do it again ... only bigger (larfs).

No comments: