Friday, February 19, 2016

"I Am Riff Raff"

I am riff raff
I am garbage
I am waste to throw away

I must be humiliated,
excommunicated,
exfoliated

And perhaps burn my worthless soul
because I am riff raff


Who calls me over there?

Digital Lancelot,
oh, such a beautiful knight

He has mastered systems analysis
and the payments
on his hot new sports car
possibly even on his hot new girlfriend

He is a genius
He is a god

But he limits his tests
to things he knows he can do
He limits his scope
to things he knows he can see
and one thing he will never observe
is me

but we are aware of him

Digital Lancelot is such a beautiful knight


I have walked the shores of Greece
I have flown the international skies
I have stopped with genetic geniuses
who were legends in their time

I've built systems long in measure
and loved women in my rhymes
but which of that is real
is riff raff,
flim flam,
poppycock

Take it away


Riff raff may assault his eyes
his sensibilities
his tastes
his feelings
We may trouble his blessed soul
We may wound his sense of direction
but he fears most for his money

From it all, he only discovers
the poverty of his own wealth
and his worst nightmare
an old white rap artist

Even his nightmares are dead

No comments: